Iris Einheuser Distinguished Professor
Tomasi's research is at the intersection of computer vision, machine learning, and applied mathematics. Tomasi's current projects include image motion analysis (funded by NSF), satellite image interpretation (funded by IARPA), computer-assisted diagnosis, and object recognition (funded by Amazon). He is an ACM Fellow and has won the IEEE Computer Society Helmholtz Prize twice.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Iris Einheuser Distinguished Professor
- Professor of Computer Science
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: D213 LSRC, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6539
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manipulation, Robotic sensor networks, Artificial intelligence, and Perception
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Helmholtz Prize. IEEE Computer Society. 2013
- Kim, HH; Yu, S; Yuan, S; Tomasi, C, Cross-Attention Transformer for Video Interpolation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol 13848 LNCS (2023), pp. 325-342 [10.1007/978-3-031-27066-6_23] [abs].
- Yuan, S; Sun, X; Kim, H; Yu, S; Tomasi, C, Optical Flow Training Under Limited Label Budget via Active Learning, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Including Subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol 13682 LNCS (2022), pp. 410-427 [10.1007/978-3-031-20047-2_24] [abs].
- Meineke, EK; Tomasi, C; Yuan, S; Pryer, KM, Applying machine learning to investigate long-term insect-plant interactions preserved on digitized herbarium specimens., Applications in Plant Sciences, vol 8 no. 6 (2020) [10.1002/aps3.11369] [abs].
- Pryer, KM; Tomasi, C; Wang, X; Meineke, EK; Windham, MD, Using computer vision on herbarium specimen images to discriminate among closely related horsetails (Equisetum), Applications in Plant Sciences, vol 8 no. 6 (2020) [abs].
- Carley, C; Ristani, E; Tomasi, C, Person re-identification from gait using an autocorrelation network, Ieee Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops, vol 2019-June (2019), pp. 2345-2353 [10.1109/CVPRW.2019.00288] [abs].