Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery, Duke School of Medicine.
- Research Director for the Brain Tool Laboratory in the Pratt School of Engineering.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Office Location: DUMC 3807, Durham, NC 27710
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University, 2022
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2019
- M.S. Duke University, 2016
- B.S. University of New Mexico, 2012
My research broadly involves the development of "smart surgical systems" for a variety of surgical and medical fields. In particular, I am interested in developing laser-based systems for imaging and tissue manipulation. This has included projects in modeling laser photoablation, characterizing tissue vaporization with CO2 lasers, and diagnostics with fluorescent spectroscopy. I have demonstrated automated tattoo removal with a computer-vision guided laser photoablation system. My ongoing research efforts are aimed at broadening this work to address skin cancers both domestically and in resource-limited medical settings, particularly in India.
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Ma, G; Prakash, R; Mann, B; Ross, W; Codd, P, 3D Laser-and-tissue Agnostic Data-driven Method for Robotic Laser Surgical Planning (2023) [10.48550/arXiv.2305.01524] [abs].
- Prakash, R; Yamamoto, KK; Oca, SR; Ross, W; Codd, PJ, Brain-Mimicking Phantom for Photoablation and Visualization., Int Symp Med Robot, vol 2023 (2023) [10.1109/ismr57123.2023.10130243] [abs].
- Ma, G; Ross, W; Codd, PJ, N-mirror Robot System for Laser Surgery: A Simulation Study, 2023 International Symposium on Medical Robotics, ISMR 2023 (2023) [10.1109/ISMR57123.2023.10130180] [abs].
- Ma, G; Ross, W; Codd, P, Robotic Laser Orientation Planning with a 3D Data-driven Method (2022) [10.48550/arXiv.2201.01401] [abs].
- Tucker, M; Lacayo, M; Joseph, S; Ross, W; Chongsathidkiet, P; Fecci, P; Codd, PJ, Creation of Non-Contact Device for Use in Metastatic Melanoma Margin Identification in ex vivo Mouse Brain., Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 11945 (2022) [10.1117/12.2608975] [abs].